You’ve come to the right place! At Russell Herder, we learned long ago (nearly 40 years, to be exact) that using your talents to help great companies and great causes succeed is what counts. And having fun doing it. Which is why we’re continuing to grow. Join us and be part of an outstanding team making good things happen across the U.S.
It takes great people to do great work.
At Russell Herder, we firmly believe business can be a force for good. The way we do our work is just as important as our bottom line. As one of a select group of internationally certified Benefit Corporation (B Corp) ad agencies, we’re always striving for a higher standard, including how we take care of our employees.
A Creative Universe
We’re privileged to work in the International Market Square, an iconic location that’s home to studios, showrooms, and eye-popping creativity. While we find the bustling, historic space inspiring, in downtown Minneapolis, the convenient free parking is a game-changer!
No question, working together in a creative and dynamic environment helps us produce the best work for our clients, but we get it – sometimes it’s nice to work from home. So, our team members have the option of doing so on Fridays. Of course, we’re also flexible about working remotely when personal situations arise.
Medical & 401k
In addition to emphasizing a healthy work/life balance, we offer a comprehensive health and dental plan. And we provide short-and long-term disability and life insurance at no extra cost to you. Our company-sponsored retirement account is available to all team members for before-or after-tax contributions.
Flex Time Off
Flex Time Off (FTO) just makes sense. With FTO, time doesn’t accrue or expire. You take the time you need, with paid time off that can be used for vacations, illness, bereavement, or other personal matters. FTO is available to full-time employees after their first year. In the first year of employment, new team members receive 15 days of PTO and paid company-observed holidays.
Join our team.
You’ll be a vital part of a growing team where your talent will be appreciated and utilized, your input will be valued, and your skills even further developed. You’ll be a major contributor to the success of a deep variety of fascinating initiatives and have an opportunity to grow with an agency that does superior-quality work that matters.
This key position directs and coordinates operational and production activities to obtain optimum efficiency. You’ll ensure the highest-quality client experience and results by monitoring all project processes and operations for time and resource efficiencies, cost management, and process improvement opportunities. If it moves in the agency, you’re on it, routing projects, managing calendars, deadlines, and serving as a liaison between creative and client services. You love detail and know how to keep all the plates spinning yet maintain a positive environment. Ad agency experience is essential, as is a solid grasp of social, digital, video and print.
- Establish and enforce a streamlined workflow of agency project-related processes
- Identify best practices and develop new systems/processes/tools for complex integrated client projects
- Aggressively pursue ways to assure overall agency and client profitability
- Recommend and manage staffing needs in relation to client work demands
- Monitor adherence to project approvals, scheduling, time, and other agency policies
- Manage the day to day operations of the office, consistent with the agency’s financial and administrative and legal policies
- Provide motivational leadership to the staff and shape B-Corp values and culture
- Cultivate long-term, top-level agency relationships and confidence
- Insure the prudent and most effective use of agency funds, personnel, and other resource
- Anticipate/respond promptly to internal/external issues with appropriate recommendations to assure problems do not endanger critical relationships with clients or key team members
- Proven experience in project management and operations in an advertising agency
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience
- Good to expert understanding of print, broadcast, and digital production
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, quick and assertive
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, email, database software proficiency
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Cool, calm, collected and collaborative
Our leadership is seeking an experienced, dynamic strategic communicator with proven client relationship-building skills and strong leadership abilities. It’s a great opportunity for a proven professional who thrives on working with a talented and supportive team. You’ll not only serve excellent clients, but you will also be an integral part of our firm’s growth and continued evolution.
We are looking for experience – someone who has a demonstrated ad agency track record. Must have agency experience. The ideal candidate will have top-notch relationship-building and financial skills, be an excellent presenter and written strategic communicator, and value the power of good planning, strong creative and analytics.
- Responsible for management of assigned clients
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and detail-driven
- Ensures that the strategic goals of client work are communicated to the team and met
- Intimately familiar with client business and marketing objectives
- Financially responsible for assigned client work
- Fosters innovative solutions
- Supports short-term and long-term organic revenue growth opportunities
- Accountable for maintaining client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and on budget
Proven professional with multiple years of experience within an advertising agency
- Strong interpersonal skills to optimize relationships and management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Team builder
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or MBA
We need another self-motivated, career-driven professional with at least 3-5 years of ad agency experience. We are specifically looking for an experienced, nimble communicator with proven client relationship-building and strong project management skills. Strong writing ability essential and the ability to partner with multiple team members – including creative, brand planning, social and digital. This role supports our senior team with developing and implementing high quality campaigns.
- Fosters partnerships with clients and internal teams to manage project expectations
- Ensures project requests and deliverables are strategically sound, on time and on budget
- Attends client meetings, creates agendas and drafts recap reports documenting client decisions to be shared with the internal team
- Manages financial details of client work assigned and continuously monitors and communicates project needs with the internal team
- Keeps projects on track through clear task lists, project timelines, issue tracking, status reports and meeting notes
- Coordination with outside partners and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 3-5+ years of ad agency experience required
- Thrive in a collaborative, creative, fast-paced environment
- Project financial and project management capabilities
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media
Provides administrative support for senior executives of our ad agency. Possesses superior clerical skills, sound judgment, tact, and discretion. Contacts include working closely with high-level clients and our highly collaborative team. Works independently on routine administrative matters and is entrusted with highly confidential matters. Responsible for the smooth operation of the office.
- Word processes and proofs correspondence and reports as needed.
- High-level skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel including graph/chart making.
- Drafts responses and acknowledgments to inquiries, as authorized.
- Organizes and maintains appropriate files and protects confidential documents and information.
- Anticipates requirements or problems which may otherwise disrupt activities and responds to correct such matters.
- Maintains appointment calendars, phone message center.
- Arranges for supplies and maintenance service of general office needs.
- Keeps senior team informed of administrative concerns relating to the office.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence, responding proactively when possible.
- Handles guest reception when clients and vendors visit the office.
- Coordinates client meetings/presentations by arranging for facilities and catering.
- Assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations and proposals.
- Runs database reports as needed.
- Prioritizes tasks and assignments to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Negotiates purchases of office supplies and equipment.
- Assists Accounting Manager with recurring needs.
- Establishes and maintains vendor database for all office products and services.
- Supervises shipping and receiving of packages and all mail and courier services.
- Two- or four-year degree from a four-year college or university.
- 5+ years of office supervisor or administration or related experience (ad agency or professional service firm experience a plus, but not required).
- Strong proficiency with word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, email databases and other software.
- Assigned duties are performed promptly and accurately.
- Relationships with vendors, team, and clients are harmonious and productive.
- Office operations run smoothly.
About Russell Herder
Founded 38 years ago, Russell Herder is an award-winning strategic ad agency providing market research, digital marketing, creative development, social media and public relations excellence to our clients. One of only a very few internationally certified B Corporations® in Minnesota, we attract highly skilled talent by offering an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make meaningful contributions that change lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Russell Herder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.